good news evryone!
i just released a new MAJOR milestone: bubblr v0.70!
The android version is already online. The OUYA version is in the submission process and will be online soon i hope.
i had about 3 hard months of refactoring. the whole basis of the game had to be refactored in order to make further
development possible. i fixed some of the old bugs and i added some fine new bugs that i even dont know myself 😉
i reduced some of the options by the way. you wont have fun playing without particleFX or lightFX anyway.
You wont notice most of the work that has been done…. but there are some nice new features for you, too:
android-version (google play):
– added dual mode (2-Players)
=> connect 1 or 2 bluetooth controllers and have fun!
– added jumping on bubble
=> now you can jump upon bubbles and solve some levels in an alternate way
– added onscreen analog joystick
=> this was a feature request: choose wether you want to use the on screen joystick or the accelerometer
– added config left/right for joystick/accelerometer
=> configure if you want to have the fire button on the right or on the left side
– jump high/low on 1 single button
=> no more 2 buttons for jumping!! now press the jump button longer for a higher jump
– added 1 NEW LEVEL
=> more levels next time… this version was not really about new levels
and some more technically aspects and reasons for the refactoring:
– fixed aspect ratio
=> this was a ToDo for a long time, glad i solved it
– enable/disable overscan for playing on your TV (this is an ouya-feature)
– fixed timestep for box2d
– optimized performance
Next to come
– Right now i am working on a new gameplay video. the old one is not up to date.
– more levels
– multi-resolution / HD grafix
– bone animation system an cooler animations
Please send me your feedback or questions!